I think I need to accept the fact that I will always be late doing this, but it’s the thought that counts, right?
Anywho, this post is all about my November goals (which I’m sure you’ve gathered).
October – I don’t like playing favourites but you were definitely something special.
You were crammed with special birthdays, beautiful blooms and memories that I’ll cherish for a lifetime. This month has been filled with so much kindness, thanks to some beautiful souls – my heart is so full I could burst. October also saw Joe & I start our little DIY project – our first little creation being the little hexi-tray (middle left) & I’m so happy with it! So many exciting things planned too so watch this space!
November – you have a lot to live up to but I cannot wait to see what surprises you have in store.
1. Project bedroom. The ongoing project that is driving me doolally. As I mentioned in my October Goals post (which you can read HERE) – our bedroom is very much unfinished. The walls are half painted, there are no prints on the walls and it’s just missing that little bit of oomph that we’re starting to create in the living room. In all honesty, we didn’t really get very far last month. We did fit the new ceiling pendant, which I love, but as Joe put it last night, “It’s a statement piece in an unfinished room.” So this month I have promised myself that I will finish painting the bedroom, as I know that once that is done, I will be able to figure out what the room needs and piece the rest together. (she says!) In September we finally finished project Ikea hack (which you can also read about HERE) and so the next step on that front is to finally get around to finishing the chest of drawers! In truth, I’m just really struggling with our bedroom at the minute and I’m in one of those little slumps – I just can’t seem to piece it together! I think my main thing is that I want to make it a bit more feminine – just a bit softer, lighter, warmer – without necessary adding loads of pink. Any ideas? I’d love some opinions please!
2. Gallery wall. Okay, I admit that I have been going on about this for a while, but putting a gallery wall together is a lot harder than I first thought! For months I have been trolling through the internet in search of the perfect prints and have slowly been adding to my collection. My current problem is that I have a lot of typography prints, but have been struggling to find pretty pictures/pieces of artwork to add to the mix. Do you have any stores/sites that you would recommend? I’d love to know! Having this up and looking pretty this month would mean that the lounge is *nearly* there and would be the ultimate dream!
3. Get creative. As I mentioned earlier, Joe and I started our little DIY project and made our little hexi-tray last month (which we’re both really happy with!) We have booked off Monday-Wednesday next week so that we have a long weekend to get creative. We’ve got lots of things in mind that we want to make, so fingers crossed everything goes to plan – excited doesn’t even cover it!
4. This little space. When it comes to things you love – things you’re passionate about, I think it’s really important to remember why you started. I started my blog for me to be creative – a place for me to share my thoughts and experiences, as well as pretty pictures and my love interior styling. I wanted to write about things that people could relate to – things that would (hopefully) inspire others and in turn bring people together. And on my little journey so far, I’m pretty damn happy with what I have achieved, but I’m always looking to learn and improve. Do you have any requests? Anything you’d like to see me write about? Do you have any hints or tips for how Oh so mint can grow/improve? What bloggers do you find inspiring? I love discovering new people.
5. Send happiness. Yesterday I was lucky enough to receive a bunch of beautiful blooms from Flower World – the perfect start to November if you ask me! Their motto, ‘send happiness’ has really got me thinking and inspired my final goal for this month. I want to send more happiness. This is something that I feel like I could do more – I mean what’s better than showing just how much those special ones in your life mean to you? Sending happiness can be the smallest of gestures – be it a nice text or card (I love a pretty card me!) Or if you’re wanting to put a supersized smile on somebody’s face, then flowers are the answer – flowers are always the answer. If you want to get 20% off your first Flower World order, use the code FIRSTORDER20%.
There you have it, my November goals. What are you hoping to achieve this month?