Life has been pretty manic recently – does anyone else feel like they’ve been caught up in a whirlwind? I honestly feel like for the past few weeks my life has been running away with itself but in truth I’ve loved every minute of it.What was I doing, I ask myself? Well, I guess, just living. Seeing friends (near and far), seeing my family, birthday celebrations and simply just being. I’m completely fine with that though because life is pretty damn sweet right now.
It’s hump day (yay!) Half way through the week – the end is in sight! So I’m keeping this simple, and sharing five good things about this week so far:
1. Getaway. I’m going on holiday in FOUR DAYS (not that I’m counting and that that I’ve mentioned it before of course…) I’m so excited to go away – I feel like I’ve barely had time to breathe lately and I can’t remember the last time I felt like my mind was completely clear. I definitely need some vitamin sea! I love exploring new places and in all honesty the thing that excites me most isn’t the sun, or the sea or the seriously large amounts of food and wine I plan on consuming – I simply can’t wait to make more memories with some of the most amazing people I know. I mean does it get much better than that?
2. Surprise. As you may have seen on my Facebook/ Instagram I planned a surprise party at our flat for the sidepiece’s 25th birthday and good god was it tough! There were definitely a few times (okay lots of times) when I may have said that it was the bane of my life. But I wouldn’t change a thing. Hands down one of my proudest achievements. Seeing his face when he saw how many people had turned up for his day… I don’t think I can put into words how amazing that feeling was. I’m planning on writing a post all about it soon so watch this space!
3. Family time. For the past three days the flat has looked like a bomb has hit it after squeezing six people (and a Romeo!) into it but I’ve loved having my clan (my mum, littlest brother and little sister) come to stay. Jett and Delilah, who are 10 and 7, have done my HIIT workouts with me and then yesterday we had the best day at Chessington – three days filled with love and laughter. I’m such a home bod and would be lying if I said that I don’t find living away from my family hard, even if it has been five years since I moved away. I still hate saying goodbye.
4. Body image. A few weeks ago I wrote a post all about how I feel about my body and that I had decided to take action. I’ve nearly completed cycle one of The Body Coach 90 Day SSS plan and although I haven’t seen any mind blowing progress on the outside, I’m so proud of the progress I’ve made on the inside. I’m feeling so positive, which is actually completely rare for me. I feel better in myself and I’ve found a determination that I haven’t seen in this aspect of my life for a while. I just want to be completely happy in my own skin for possibly the first time in my life, and do you know what? I think I’m getting there.
5. Sundays. They’re just becoming my favourite. I love them. Settingly down on a Sunday night – food prep done, workout done, housework done. Getting into your comfies for an evening on the sofa with the boys, watching Robot Wars. Absolute bliss.
What are your five favourite things this week? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
“The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.”