It’s funny how as soon as the sun starts to shine everything becomes just that little bit better and life a whole lot brighter. The weeks seem to be running away with themselves at the minute and I feel like time is passing me by in the blink of an eye – I can’t believe we’re nearly in August! The sun is shining, my skin seems to be tanning (huzzah!) and summer is (hopefully) finally here, which are definitely things to be celebrated if you ask me! This post is all about five good things.
So seeing as I’m feeling particularly bright and breezy today, I have decided to take a step back and think of five things that are making me happy lately:
1. Park life. The past two days I’ve spent my lunches sat in Regents Park with a bevy or two and some fab company, basking in the suns glory. The freckles are forming and my skin is a mix of red, pink and brown but there really is nothing better.
2. Summer loving. After a lot of umming and ahhing the holiday is booked and we’re off to Croatia at the end of August. I honestly cannot wait. This year has definitely been a mixed bag so a little break is just what the doctor ordered. I love exploring new places – plus I’m a real water baby so give me a pool or the sea and I’m perfectly content. My ASOS basket is overflowing with summery beauties that won’t be appreciated to their full potential (damn you unpredictable British weather!), so I guess I’ll just have to hunt down the sun myself!
3. Luscious locks. I’m also thinking about doing something different with my hair, I’m really in the mood for a change! It’s grown loads but is just shapeless and lacking a bit of ompfh at the minute. I’ve been looking on Pinterest for inspiration… I could spend hours on there! I’m thinking lighter, ashy… maybe keeping the middle parting. I really can’t decided!
4. Dewy goddess. This is something I am mostly definitely am not. I’m desperate to up my skin regime – does anyone have any must haves? I use Lush Ultrabland every night to take my makeup off with but in all honesty that’s about as far as it goes. I use a moisturiser but I haven’t found a budget friendly one that works miracles and could probably do with starting to use eye serum and a toner. You can’t beat a new beauty product during summer!
5. Weekend antics. This weekend I’ll hopefully be sitting in the garden in the sun, writing and attempting to get a tan (please hold out sun!), celebrating a few family birthdays and catching Pokemon! The sidepiece and I have definitely gone out a few times hunting… even Romeo wants to be in on the action! Absolutely no shame.
So what’s making you walk on sunshine this week? Any comments on my hair/skin woes or anything about your week would be amazing – I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Here’s to a good week and hopefully endless sunny days!
“Surround yourself with those who make you happy.”